Here are some reminders and what is going on the month of May.
4-H Round-Up (formerly 4-H Kick-Off)- Postponed for May 8 and re-scheduled to August 30 right before the Grade A Celebration. More information to come.
Sheep and goat exhibitors: The alternative requirement will be pictures of the exhibitor with the animal, two side shots and a head shot with the scrapie tag in the ear. The exhibitor may be pictured in one of the side shots. The Fair ID ear tag will be put in at weigh in at the fair. There will be no rate of gain contest this year. These photos will be due on May 15 to Emily Gilliland. You may drop them off at the Junior Fair Office in the black drop box or email them to email@example.com.
Fair 101: Postponed on May 9 and re-scheduled to May 30 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the fairgrounds. Quality Assurance training sessions are however cancelled.
For our livestock project members and families, Ohio 4-H and the Ohio Department of Agriculture discussed some changes for this year that will help mitigate the effects the corona virus is having on holding in-person programming. For livestock quality assurance (QA) for the 2020 year only:
- The deadline to complete QA has been extended to June 1, 2020.
- The test out option for older youth 15+ will not be an option this year.
- The state has now accepted that QA be taught virtually.
- There will be county-wide virtual QA sessions that you can sign up for. County-wide QA sessions will be held every Tuesday and Thursday in May from 6-8 p.m.
- Sign up here https://go.osu.edu/qasignup
- Due to bandwidth and internet issues we may face, we are limiting our trainings to 40 participants and it will be on a sign up first basis.
- After you have signed up for a training, a reminder e-mail will come to you with the link to join a few days prior to the date you selected.
- Youth livestock exhibitors (8-18) may take the online YQCA certification at https://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login (This is only an additional option)
- Every member must select the FFA and independent sign in
- Cost is $12/member
- After completing the entire training, please send certification number to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Mancuso.email@example.com
- Please follow the Getting Your YQCA Based Certification steps to help you.
- The BQA/PQA online courses do not meet the Ohio Youth Food Animal QA certification requirement.